Is your mouth safe and free from cavities? Cavities are caused by the destruction to your tooth enamel to the point that a hole has formed in a tooth. Although your tooth enamel is a very strong protective layer of your teeth, it can be eroded away as the result of plaque buildup and harmful acids. If a cavity forms, your tooth’s pulp can become susceptible to infection and decay.
If left unchecked, tooth loss can occur. Listed below are a few common tips to help you prevail over cavities:
– Exercise caution with sugars and acidic foods and stick to a balanced healthy diet including foods that have a high water content.
– Avoid foods and drinks that are sticky and chewy, as they can linger on your teeth and gums long after consumption and can continue to damage your teeth and gums.
– When choosing a toothbrush and dental floss, use the tools that are recommended by your dentist or feature the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Always schedule regular examinations and professional cleanings at your dentist so that they can check your smile for cavities.
– Cavities can befall you at any time, so remember to brush and floss daily for the entirety of your life.
– Try using supplementary dental cleaners after snacking, such as mouthwash.
If you are looking to restore damaged teeth, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. David Umansky and our team at Smile Big Pediatric Dentistry. We can be reached by calling us at 713-697-6453 to book a reservation to see us at our office in Humble, Texas. We will be glad to help you achieve the results you are looking for!